Business Management basics NQF level 1
Certification: Agri-SETA Accredited certificate
Duration: 1 week
Cost: R 2500.00 per person
This course includes the following unit standards:
SAQA ID 14001: Demonstrate an understanding of managerial expertise and administrative capabilities
SAQA ID 116159: Identify the need for capital and understand the need for the recording of the income and different costs in an agri-business
SAQA ID 116160: Name and define human resource management rules and procedures applicable to the immediate working environment.
SAQA ID 116164 Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of marketing
A candidate attending this course will gain the following skills:
- Identify and explain an understanding of managerial expertise.
- Identify and discuss different managerial styles.
- Identify and explain and demonstrate an understanding of administrative systems.
- Describe the need for investment capital, where it can be acquired, and how it can be categorized within an agri-business.
- Explain the flow of money in an Agric business.
- Describe the flow of costs in an agri-business.
- Identify the basic components of financial information and record-keeping system and the basic administration procedures regarding source documents
- Provide inputs to a simple record-keeping system for an agri-business and be able to extract managerial information from it.
- Name and define human resource management rules and procedures applicable to the immediate working environment.
- Name and identify labour legislation applicable to the immediate working environment.
- Identify and describe the different types of contracts and agreements applicable to the workplace.
- Describe the different human resource benefits applicable at the workplace.
- Know and describe the health and safety rules and practices applicable at the workplace.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge on the filing of applicable human resource information.
- Understand what is meant by “marketing concept”.
- Understand the differences between and the value of demand and production-driven farming practices.
- Identify the principles and factors of demand and supply and therefore basic price formulation.
- The principles of marketing as demonstrated by the needs of customers/clients.
Training method: Onsite training, E-Learning and Classroom training at Hygro Training College in Eloff Mpumalanga, Road no.6, Smallholding no.23