Hydroponic Production NQF level 1,2 & 4
Certification: Agri-SETA Accredited Certificate
Duration: 1 week
Cost: R 3 000.00 per person
This course includes the following unit standards:
- SAQA ID 116148: Perform basic routine operations in a defined hydroponic context
- SAQA ID 116072: Perform routine operations and identify basic problems in hydroponic systems
- SAQA ID 116314: Produce crop in a hydroponic system
A candidate attending this course will gain the following skills:
- Prepare a production area for crop establishment.
- Establish a hydroponic crop
- Identify the basic differences i.e., hydroponic and conventional (soil) production.
- Identify various growing media.
- Plants are manipulated as per instruction in the hydroponic production system.
- Identify and report basic problems in the production system.
- Basic understanding of hydroponics.
- Identify the properties of various growing media, for their use different hydroponic production contexts.
- Prepare fertilizer / nutrient solution as per instructions.
- Monitor PH and EC of the fertilizer solution.
- Identify the characteristics of the hydroponic operation structure.
Training method: Onsite training, E-Learning and Classroom trainings at Hygro Training College in Eloff Mpumalanga, Road no.6 , Small holding no.23